GreenTree Investment Company, a venture capitalist firm based in Lagos, over the weekend organised a Pitch Day for promising startups in Nigeria, some of whom could potentially receive thousands of dollars as funding for their businesses.
The Pitch Day, which held at the Co-Creation Hub in Yaba, Lagos, saw the gathering of over twenty startups and their founders; all of whom tried to convince the venture capitalists as to why their businesses were deserving of their investments.
Some of the startups that pitched their businesses during the Pitch Day event are listed below-
- E-Pump: A small startup dedicated to ending fraud at filling stations with the use of technology.
- Jara: a marketplace app with which shoppers can pay bills and get discounts.
- Davton Learn: An e-learning platform catering to the learning needs of professionals and corporate organisations.
- PayScrow: An e-Commerce company which ensures buyer-seller protection.
- Publiseer: A digital publishing company which ensures copyright protection and markets works of arts across the world at no cost to the owners.
- Oyecube Farms: An agric company which farms and processes ready-to-eat snails; albeit on a large scale.
- Kiakia Print: A disruptive, online-based printing service provider, etc.
GreenTree Investment Company is an investment company which avails startups access to funding, helps them implement “a bulletproof corporate governance framework”, and offer simplified financial planning and legal advice, among others. Since 2014 when the company was founded, it has funded many startups, most notable of which include- Paystack, Precurio and Big Cabal Media.